POSITION: Grant Writer
Reports to: Director of Development
The Grant Writer is responsible for identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of grants from private/public foundations, other grant-making institutions (family foundations, home offices, corporate philanthropic partnerships) and government sources in support of BVHPF, with a focus on high five-figure and six-figure grants. This role is responsible for developing and executing strategies to meet ambitious funding goals by maintaining and when possible increasing levels of support from current funders while bringing new funders into the fold.
- Oversee City, County, State and Federal funding opportunities and program contracts.
- Lead grant writing and reporting processes for public grants, coordinating efforts with finance and program staff.
- Research and prospect potential opportunities for future public funding.
- Coordinate monitoring of government projects with program staff and finance staff.
- Coordinate data collection, processing and reporting with Research & Evaluation team members.
- Represent BVHPF with external constituency groups such as funders, program partners, Board Members, elected officials, community members and others as needed.
- Prepare narratives, budgets, and additional materials, such as logic models and timelines, for institutional grant applications.
- Oversee the process of application and registration of government contracts. • Comply with all interim and final grant reporting as required. • Work with program directors to ensure adequate tracking of grant metrics.
- Work with the finance team and program staff to track expenditures and ensure compliance with budgets.
- Manage the pipeline for foundation and government funders and prospects.
- Identify funders with highest potential and develop strategies for gaining foundation and government support.
- Develop and maintain the foundation and government grant calendar and meet multiple strict deadlines.
- Maintain a courteous, helpful attitude on the job, and a willingness and ability to be responsive to colleagues, public officials, staff, and Board members.
- Highly organized, detail oriented and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Perform tasks and responsibilities in a thorough and timely manner in compliance with agency policy and standards.
- Maintain high level of confidentiality at all times regarding financial information.
- Keep abreast of funding trends, through publications and events to ensure the organization is using best practices and ethical approaches.
- Maintain the confidentiality of all organization procedures, results and client information.
- Perform other duties as assigned in a positive manner.
- Ability to balance integrity of program services with the needs of funding grants.
- Strong written, analytical, and verbal communication skills.
- Passion, humility, humor, integrity, vision, flexibility, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self- directed are all crucial to the success of this role.
- Bachelor’s Degree advanced degree preferred.
- Strong knowledge of local, state and national funding sources.
- Five plus years of grant writing and public funding experience.
- Proven track record of prospecting, writing, and securing public grants.
- Knowledge of grants and grant management processes.
- Experience successfully coordinating funding and reporting systems with program staff.
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to analyze complex data sets and present results to multiple audiences.
If you would like to apply, please send a cover letter and resume to our Senior Director of Talent, Learning, & Development:
DeShawn Waters at DeShawn.Waters@bayviewci.org