EVENT! Community Meeting: Eliminating Hepatitis C in San Francisco
The Foundation’s outpatient Narcotic Treatment Program specializes in recovery-oriented treatment for individuals 18 and older who need assistance to stop using heroin. Services are available to residents of San Francisco, with a focus on the southeastern sector of the city.
The Foundation employs evidence-based practices and the principles of harm reduction to support clients toward successful rehabilitation and independent living. We use Motivational Counseling to help clients determine how ready they are for change, and cognitive behavioral interventions to help them set and achieve goals for recovery.
- Methadone maintenance (administered on an outpatient basis under the supervision of medical professionals).
- Individual and group counseling.
- Long-term detoxification (up to six months of tapered methadone treatment for heroin abusers).
- Counseling and support for people with HIV/AIDS or who are at risk of HIV infection.
- HIV Opt Out Testing – screening to reduce the spread of HIV/AIDS to clients who are enrolled in our Narcotic Treatment Program.
- Referrals and linkages to other health, treatment and social services within The Foundation’s continuum of care and throughout the community, so that clients receive all the support they need.
Services are typically provided for up to two years (or longer, if medically necessary). Many of our clients stop using heroin, heal their relationships, re-enter the workforce, and regain their health and well-being as a result.
- Program Hours: Monday-Friday, 6 AM to 2 PM
- Dosing Hours: Monday-Friday, 6:15 to 11 AM
- Weekend Hours: Saturday-Sunday, 7 to 10 AM
- Holiday Hours: 6:15 to 10 AM
We are state licensed and accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF).
Monday-Saturday 6 AM-2 PM
1625 Carroll Avenue
San Francisco, CA 94124
415-822-8200/ Fax: 415-822-6822
T-Train and the Muni 19, 24, 29, 44 and 54
Method of Payment
Sliding Scale Fee