POSITION: Director of Communications
Reports to: COO
The Director of Communications will serve as a lead storyteller for BVHPF. Your work will further our ability to build the capacity of artists and demonstrate the essential role that artists play in the wellbeing of communities. You will lead our external communications strategy, partnering with senior management to build, refine, and prioritize media opportunities.
- Lead external communications as the driver of how we amplify and advance our reputation with key external stakeholders, potential collaborators and the general public.
- Serve as a strong strategic thinker with the ability to anticipate and mitigate potential communications challenges.
- Capitalize on opportunities that will further our ability to clarify our vision and desired impact.
- Collaborate closely with the CEO, and BVHPF leadership to cultivate local and national media relationships and pursue speaking engagements that will connect BVHPF with industry leaders, potential collaborators, and investors.
- Develop strategic local and national media relationships that will elevate the profile of BVHPF to differentiate and demonstrate the impact of our initiatives.
- Provide strategic communications counsel to our senior leadership and collaborators as appropriate.
- Lead the development of press releases, press kits and public education campaigns to help the public understand our work.
- Advance and optimize storytelling across BVHP’s owned digital platforms, coordinating media relations timelines with overall editorial calendars
- Translate broad strategies into clear, specific objectives and key results for teams.
- Leverage a variety of platforms to heighten the visibility of BVHPF’s story, programs, initiatives, and staff.
- Establish and track metrics for major external communications efforts and materials such as white papers and thought leadership to build comprehensive stories of impact.
- Proactively pitch BVHPF experiences, programs and performances for relevant listings and pursue broad opportunities that help the public understand how to engage with us.
- Project manage workflows that will prepare internal and external stakeholders, track materials and communicate deadlines in advance to prepare internal teams for announcements and follow up communications.
- Other duties as assigned
- 8+ years of experience in public relations for a Non-Profit, Organization, Public Relations firm, media, or related field
- Demonstrated mastery of external communication fundamentals, and fluency in the most current communication platforms/mediums.
- Ability to synthesize complex narratives into clear, compelling stories.
- Expertise in crisis communications and change management, thriving in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional writer and dynamic speaker with experience serving as spokesperson
- Demonstrate expertise in developing key messaging related to rapid response
- Ability to work effectively with people of diverse cultural backgrounds
- Experience working with, and presenting to, a variety of stakeholders such as senior leadership teams, board of directors, etc.
- Strong business acumen, and an understanding of key metrics relevant to achieving an organization’s strategic plans.
- Proactive, results-oriented, and a champion of innovative ideas.
If you would like to apply, please send a cover letter and resume to our Senior Director of Talent, Learning, & Development:
DeShawn Waters at DeShawn.Waters@bayviewci.org