The Bayview Hunters Point Foundation is a multi-resource community based an organization committed to providing quality services, which meet the changing needs of at-risk populations in Bayview Hunters Point and the greater San Francisco area.
This position performs a broad range of clinical and case management duties to populations re-entering society from being incarcerated. Maintains primary clinical responsibility for an individual caseload and participates in other clinical programmatic and supervisory functions for unlicensed case managers. Duties include diagnostic evaluation, intensive psychotherapy and prevention, consultation, education and clinical supervision.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES:
· Receives and provides referrals from other agencies and professionals and handles the initial contact with clients. Provides clinical supervision for unlicensed clinical staff.
· Responsible for the supervision and oversight of the internship program.
· Conducts intake interviews and carries out related procedures, including initial diagnosis and disposition and referral out if indicated. Completes appropriate forms and documents. Requests relevant information from collateral sources.
· Conducts comprehensive diagnostic studies of clients. On a selective basis, arranges for additional evaluations, including medical, neurological, psychological, educational, speech and language.
· Provides advocacy; linkage with community resources; assist with maintenance and expansion of social network and monitors client’s re-entry into society.
· Develops and periodically reviews individual treatment plans.
· Assist with training in independent living skills.
· Performs case management and crisis intervention when needed; maintains complete and accurate progress notes; bills and documents all contacts with clients; performs mandatory reporting, e.g., 5150s, CPS reports; makes home visits; active participant in the program’s clinical case conferences; participate in continuing education training.
· Collaborates and consults with collateral sources. Advocates for clients’ needs.
· Performs related duties as assigned or required.
Requirements: Licensed LCSW/MFT/PhD/PsyD. Requires at least five years of clinical experience and expertise working in a mental health setting for the chronically mentally ill. Requires broad theoretical knowledge and expertise in the practice of a variety of treatment modalities and of diagnostic and therapeutic techniques in order to diagnose and solve problems in psychotherapeutic work with children, adolescents, and adults and their families. Requires skill in effecting and maintaining collaborative relationships with multi-disciplinary associate staff members and outside collateral sources. Requires experience working with minority populations. Requires knowledge of the ethnic, economic and social factors affecting the residents of the neighborhood served by the program.
Job Types: Full-time
If you would like to apply, please send a cover letter and resume to our Senior Director of Talent, Learning, & Development:
DeShawn Waters at DeShawn.Waters@bayviewci.org