Bayview Hunters Point Foundation for Community Improvement Substance Use Disorder Services program is seeking to fill its Outpatient Substance Use Disorder Counselor position. We are seeking a highly motivated candidate that has the desire to help improve the lives of individuals that have a diagnosed substance use disorder. The candidate must possess the desire to work with the homeless population and the ability to work with Transitional Aged Youth (TAY) 18 to 24 years of age.
General Job Description
This position provides counseling and case management services to individuals that have a diagnosed substance use disorder. The candidate will participate in an interdisciplinary treatment team that consists of the physician, nurse practitioner, nursing staff, counselors, and administrators. The work schedule is Monday thru Friday with the possibility of working one Saturday per month.
Examples of duties are as followed but not limited to:
Maintain a caseload of 35 to 40 clients.
- Provide individual and group counseling sessions to modify tendencies using therapeutic techniques and approaches.
- Complete intake assessments and develop person centered treatment plans in accordance with ASAM.
- Observed urinary analysis when required.
- Provide supportive crisis intervention as needed.
- Have knowledge and experience in progress note writing i.e. (BIRP, SOAP, etc.).
- Complete documentation daily.
- Have to the ability to multi-task.
- Performs related or similar duties as required or assigned.
- Must be a team player.
- The candidate is required to have a current certification with State Department of Alcohol and Drugs Program (DADP).
- A minimum of two years of counseling experience directly related to individuals with a substance use disorder (required).
- Must have knowledge and experience working in diverse low socioeconomic communities.
- Experience in community setting is preferred with good a working knowledge of community. resources for referrals i.e. (housing, medical treatment, education, employment, and legal assistance.
- Must have the ability to conduct culturally competent curriculum focused groups.
- Must be experienced in leading groups and developing programs and activities.
- Must be experienced in providing multiple modalities.
- Experience with Avatar (preferred).
- Must have familiarity with DSM V and ASAM criteria.
- Current TB clearance required.
- Must be able to complete and pass a background check.
- If in recovery, must have maintained sobriety for a minimum of 2 years.
Job Type: Full-time
If you would like to apply, please send a cover letter and resume to our Outpatient Program Director Terry Mitchell at email@example.com