JOIN THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
The Foundation builds communities that are empowered, clean, safe, and healthy.
We need community leaders with passion, knowledge, and connections to help us achieve these goals!
POSITION: Board Members for leading Bayview Hunters Point Foundation for Community Improvement, Inc.
Bayview Hunters Point Foundation for Community Improvement (the Foundation) is an award-winning nationally accredited health provider nonprofit organization that is dedicated to helping homeless, poor, disadvantaged, and disabled people achieve health and self-sufficiency. The Foundation serves over 1,000 families and individuals a year at programs in Bayview and Hunters Point, helping them turn their lives around. The Board of Directors governs the organization’s ongoing work. While day-to-day operations are led by our Executive Director, Board Members provide mission-based leadership and strategic governance.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Board Members help to:
- Strategize: Protect & shape the Foundation’s role as a leading practitioner of solutions to building clean, safe, and healthy communities.
- Measure: Review outcomes and metrics that document the Foundation’s impact.
- Protect financially: Approve the annual budget and audit reports.
- Protect structurally: Ensure the agency meets all legal and fiduciary responsibilities.
- Supervise and support: Evaluate and support the Executive Director.
- Engage: Participate in hands-on working committees; represent the Foundation in the community.
- Raise funds: Help fundraise and recruit new supporters, partners, and awareness of the agency’s work.
Time Requirements: The full Board meets quarterly, usually at 6PM at the Foundation’s executive office. Committees meet quarterly or as needed. Board members are expected to participate on at least one committee. Standing committees are: Board Development, Finance, Audit, and Fundraising.
QUALIFICATIONS of ideal candidates:
- Leadership/Expertise in business, government, legal, clinical, finance or the nonprofit sector.
- Willingness to contribute financially, raise funds, and help promote agency activities, events, and achievements.
- Team member skills
- Strong desire to support Foundation’s mission with a commitment of time and resources.
BENEFITS of membership:
- Networking with community leaders and decision-makers.
- Gain in-depth knowledge of solutions to urgent community needs, homelessness, poverty, and healthcare.
- Attend and support fun and high profile events.
- Learn new skills.
- Share your expertise to benefit a great cause!
Service on Foundation’s Board of Directors is voluntary and without remuneration.
TO APPLY: Submit resume and cover letter to: Sharam Kohan, Executive Director, email@example.com