The Executive Assistant provides administrative support in a fast-paced environment.
This position requires the capability to manage confidential information with steadfast integrity and ethics, and the ability to handle challenging situations with grace and with a sense of urgency and proficiency, professionalism, and confidentiality.
This position will provide exceptional support to CEO and the executive leadership staff.
The candidate will have a proven ability to interact with executive leadership and the public, with sensitivity and respect, while maintaining strict confidentiality.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the CEO and C-level staff, including managing an extremely active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings.
The Executive Assistant will perform each duty listed below, and may be required to perform other related duties, as assigned.
- Schedule meetings as directed
- Arrange regular meetings/onsite visits with staff teams
- Respond to meeting requests from stakeholders
- Hold daily times for planning and correspondence
- Regularly review, flag, and remind emails for response
- Send messages to stakeholders as directed
- Review and remind prioritized CEO tasks
- Complete forms and documents as directed
- Create documents and presentations as directed
- Maintain electronic and print files and key documents
MISCELLANEOUS CLERICAL SUPPORT
• Works closely and effectively with the CEO and C-level staff, to keep them well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately.
• Plans, coordinates, and ensures the CEO and C-level teams schedule is followed and respected. Have a thorough understanding of CEO’s priorities and workload to predict, prioritize and make recommendations.
• Researches, prioritizes, and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the CEO, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature.
• Prioritizes conflicting needs, and handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows through on projects to successful completion.
• Schedules and coordinates the agenda for senior leadership team meetings, off-sites, and all staff meetings.
• Prepares, obtains appropriate signatures, routes and tracks contracts, official documents, and the disposition of purchase requisitions, personnel request forms and other forms and documents.
• Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills highly responsive with accurate and high-quality execution, and ability to challenging situations with changing priorities.
• Ability to exercise independent, sound judgment, free from outside influence, and will escalate issues to CEO when needed.
• Strong organizational and computer skills (e.g., MS Office Suite, and/or other systems/tools).
• Must be able to effectively communicate and support leaders.
• Relationship-oriented, highly professional and a team player who knows when to seek assistance or advice.
• Ability to react with appropriate levels of urgency to situations and events that require immediate response or turnaround.
• Ability to maintain a high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information.
• Understands and applies program/project management methods and processes to define, plan, cost, resource, track and ensure the accomplishment of targeted goals.
• Ability to drive projects/tasks to successful completion and report success or check back for clarification or support when needed or delayed.
• Strong diligence and accuracy, particularly when under pressure, and excellent at time and project management.
Education and/or Experience and Licensure
Bachelor’s degree or a combination of education, experience and training that would provide the required knowledge and skills is qualifying.
Ideal experience includes supporting nonprofit management in a challenging environment.
If you would like to apply, please send a cover letter and resume to our Senior Director of Talent, Learning, & Development:
DeShawn Waters at DeShawn.Waters@bayviewci.org