Job Department: Administration
Reports to: Executive Director
Job Location: Main Office
FLSA Status: Exempt
Manages HR, Recruiting, and Training staff at BVHPF. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these teams. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Purpose of Role:
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Director of Human Resources will have internal facing responsibilities, ranging from originating and leading Human Resources practices and objectives that will provide an employee-oriented, high-performance culture that emphasize empowerment, quality, productivity and standards, goal attainment, recruitment and training, ongoing development, and retention of an exceptional workforce. Position involves administering human resources policies, programs and practices including planning, organizing, developing, implementing, coordinating, and directing.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the implementation of Human Resources programs through Human Resources staff. Monitors administration to established standards and procedures. Identifies opportunities for improvement and resolves any discrepancies.
- Evaluate organization vision and mission, and recommend, design, and facilitate implementation of solutions to ensure alignment with the Agency’s overall direction.
- Responsible for implementing, enforcing and administering federal and state employment regulations as well as policies and procedures.
- Manage core Performance Management and feedback processes. Develop manager capability on employing these processes.
- Establish salary guidelines for hiring and performance evaluations for all positions.
- Provide recruiting and hiring support by developing and overseeing recruitment strategies, and analyzing hiring and turnover metrics for retention success.
- Administration of all corporate and employee benefits and services to include health care programs, 403(b), life insurance, disability insurance, leave management and benefits.
- Development of employee benefits packages, handbooks and materials.
- Collaborate with management and staff to drive workforce planning initiatives within divisions and department teams.
- Provide proactive guidance and counsel to managers and employees on employee relations issues.
- Along with the Training Team, ensures all training and development opportunities operate in accordance with regulatory requirements in concert with agency policy, mission and program standards. Oversee a successful onboarding process in support of retention and long-term success.
- Participate in state and local conferences, workshops, and networking within this industry to remain informed of current trends, practices and procedures.
- Introduce, lead and influence change management initiatives with management staff in order to address issues that will enhance overall performance.
- Coach employees on subjects such as career, leadership and performance development plans, compensation matters, and assist employees during implementation of change management initiatives.
- Ensure adherence of OSHA rules and regulations.
- Manage all worker’s compensation claims and represents the company at worker’s comp hearings as needed.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources or other related field from an accredited university.
- Minimum of 8 years of progressive experience in strategic Human Resource leadership, preferably for a non-profit organization.
- Knowledge of a range of applicable laws and regulations with strong working knowledge of federal and state employment regulations.
- Demonstrated success in all Human Resources functional areas within a fast-paced environment is essential. Must be hands-on and capable of producing work with limited support staff.
- Track record delivering superior results, commanding respect, and assuming leadership roles.
- Success in roles requiring execution of multiple tasks while responding to multiple priorities.
- Proven ability to work with efficiency and flexibility while maintaining a harmonious workplace.
- Demonstrated success in developing successful collaborative working relationships with counterparts from diverse backgrounds.
- Strong strategic and analytical skills.
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills: articulate and tactful oral and written communication skills. Evidence of ability to productively interact with a wide range and levels of organizations.
- Highly motivated, hardworking and well organized. Willing to go the extra mile and work long hours and on weekends when required.
- Demonstrated commitment to excellence.
- Demonstrated track record of flexibility. Ability to react and adapt quickly to unexpected changes, and ready to anticipate problems and provide creative solutions and meet deadlines in challenging situations.
- Demonstrated commitment to BVHPF’s mission and core values.