POSITION: Behavioral Health Services (BHS): Clinical Supervisor, Substance Use Disorder- Adult Services
Reports to: Director of Outpatient Substance Use Disorder Services (SUDS)
The Clinical Supervisor for the BHS Outpatient Substance Use Disorder Services – Adult Services will demonstrate leadership skills and clinical experience. The Clinical Supervisor will provide administrative leadership to the Behavioral Health – Substance Use Disorder Counselor team along with programmatic and clinical guidance and to perform direct clinical care responsibilities as needed. The Behavioral Health – Clinical Supervisor will demonstrate an advanced level of clinical knowledge in substance use disorders, mental health, communication, interdisciplinary collaboration, professionalism, and systems-based practices.
In this role the Clinical Supervisor works collaboratively with program administration, nursing staff and physicians to assure safe, effective, quality client care and to promote the Bayview Hunters Point Foundation mission delivery system. SUDS is an outpatient service provider, aimed at serving our clients drug and alcohol disorders and opioid addictions.
The SUDS program is committed to rebuilding lives one individual at a time.
- Promote professional growth of Behavioral Health staff in areas of leadership, clinical excellence, client-centered care, education, and organizational involvement to meet the identified goals and needs of the employee and organization
- Monitor, support and provide hands-on coaching to counselors to ensure program management practices and to meet expectations for good client care and ambulatory standards.
- Works closely with team to address day-to-day site issues, ensure solid onboarding of new employees and support other programmatic areas
- Provide substance use disorder service functions including intake/assessment, treatment planning and intervention- including both individual and group therapy sessions.
- Develop an individualized treatment plan to fit the needs of each client using appropriate diagnostic and client placement criteria.
- Participate in clinical care conferences.
- Attend and actively participate in staff meetings and trainings.
- Maintain progress notes and other documentation required for the client medical record and utilization management within the timelines outlined by San Francisco Department of Public Health.
- Demonstrate leadership abilities, including initiative.
- Strong clinical knowledge and skills
- Solid grasp of practice models as applicable to the area of clinical practice and an ability/willingness to learn and supervise to new models and modalities, such as ASAM, motivational interviewing, etc,
- Knowledge of Federal, State and local legal guidelines relating to drug and alcohol counseling.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrates ability to utilize data in guiding and supporting practice.
- Demonstrates a professional demeanor.
- Ability to work as part of a team and across teams in a collaborative manner.
- Ability to navigate organizational structure and systems.
- Able to work in less well-defined or structured situations and comfortable with ambiguity and change.
- Demonstrated ability as a systems thinker and problem solver.
Education– Master’s degree in Social Work, Psychology, Counseling, Marriage and Family Therapy or Doctoral-level Psychologist – Alcohol and Drug Certification
Licenses & Certifications- Unrestricted Mental Health License as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) or Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT). Education in Alcohol and Drug
- Requires a master’s degree or higher in psychology, social work, counseling, or related field.
- Requires an active California License and at least two years licensed clinical experience working in a substance use disorder setting/Methadone / Outpatient Clinic.
- Requires knowledge of the ethnic, economic and social factors affecting the residents of the underserved neighborhood served by the program.
- Must be computer literate.
- Experience working with AVATAR billing system, Methasoft Software is a plus
Job type: Full-time
Pay: Up to $85,000 per year
Benefits: Full medical, vacation/sick leave, 403(b)
If you would like to apply, please send a cover letter and resume to our Outpatient Program Director
Terry Mitchell at email@example.com