Site / Location: San Francisco community
Work Schedule: Day
Reports to: Program Manager Bayview Hunters Point Foundation
The goal is to provide CM services to guests; conducts intake, match, and refer guests to housing services; assist guests with completing housing on-boarding paperwork; help guests complete surveys/questionnaires. Link guests to appropriate resources, including existing behavioral health/clinical services, financial coaches, workforce development counselors, medical, SUD, and/or mental health, education, and skill-building services. Support guests with completing housing paperwork and make sure all relevant consent forms are signed. Develop Housing Stability Plan after guests move into housing and reassess Housing Stability plan every three months. CM to meet with guests at least twice a month; may utilize ONE System, Epic, or other systems to track the progress of guests and enter pertinent data relevant to guests.
The goal of the program is to provide a warm, welcoming environment of support and services tailored to the unique needs of San Francisco’s homeless population transitioning into housing support them through the process.
- Complete case management assessment on all clients entering caseload, develops, implements and revises individual case plans and consistently monitors progress toward goals.
- Provide on-going supportive and/or case management functions in accordance with the problems, needs and strategies identified within the case plan in order to help the clients achieve the stated goals and objectives. This includes communicating regularly with probation officers, social workers and family members, regarding client’s treatment progress, etc., when appropriate
- Works with clinical supervisory assistance to evaluate possible courses decisions regarding client status and makes decisions where there is no opportunity to seek supervisory assistance
- Consults and cooperates with community systems to facilitate linkage, referral, crisis management, advocacy, and follow up with the focus on attaining treatment goals
- Contacts guest within 2 business days and schedules intake meeting after receiving the referral.
- Maintains client and program records in accordance with applicable standards and regulations, grant requirements, etc.
- Maintains a high level of ethical conduct regarding confidentiality, dual-relationships, and professional stature
- Participates in continuing education activities, remaining knowledgeable in area(s) of expertise
- Attends weekly case consultation meetings and monthly trainings; meet regularly with clinical supervisor to exchange pertinent information and receive supervision
- May be required to assist in crisis intervention
- Must maintain a caseload of participants at any given time
- In partnership with the Program Manager, follow and implement all policies and procedures of BVHP
- Establish and maintain a positive working relationship with employees, volunteers, and CBO’s.
- Attend all meetings as assigned.
- Other duties as required or assigned.
Program Development & Facilities
- Help designing, planning and implementing program services, with an emphasis on building accountability for program participants as they strive to move forward in their lives.
- Help to ensure the health and safety of program participants’ and thorough management of the physical plant. This includes safety, hygiene, appearance and overall aesthetic of the facility.
- Must be prepared to respond to emergencies with clear thinking and swift action.
Qualifications and Work Experience:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; proven ability to collaborate with other agencies.
- Understanding of the issues faced by disenfranchised populations.
- Availability to work occasional evenings and weekends.
- Experience working with substance use disorders, mentally ill and dually diagnosed clients highly desirable.
- Clinical supervision toward licensure is available for those on a BBS licensure track if selected.
- Must be computer literate
- Must have excellent verbal communication skills
- Be committed to the mission of Bayview Hunters Point Foundation and possess a good working knowledge of and sensitivity to individuals with substance abuse and/or mental health issues such as: PTSD, psychosis, borderline behaviors, bi-polar, etc.
- Substance use certifications are also desirable
Knowledge & Skills
- Experience working with the homeless population preferred especially in shelters or housing environments
- Critical thinking and problem solving;
- Excellent decision-making capabilities;
- Must be computer literate and possess excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Collaborative work style, initiative and flexibility;
- Commitment to Bayview Hunters Point Foundation mission and organizational values
- Must be able to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team and be sensitive to diverse participant and staff population
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; occasionally walk and stand; travel from building to other sites. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The employee is required to be able to hear conversations in quiet environments.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in the community. The employee must be able to meet deadlines with time constraints. The employee may be asked to work irregular or extended work hours while performing the duties of this job occasionally.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. This job description is subject to change at any time.
Bayview Hunters Point Foundation for Community Improvement (BVHP) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: BVHP is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at BVHP are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. BVHP will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.